Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!

My mom and I took a quick trip up to Las Vegas to visit some family and see the strip since we've never been there. We were there for two days and that was enough for us, I think! Vegas is nice, but you need money, and when you don't have it, it kinda sucks. I do have future plans to go back with a bunch of friends and just raise hell, though!

Here are some highlights:

The Hoover Dam was on the way, so we stopped to take pictures on the ride back. Here are my favorites:

And then we made it to Las Vegas! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of my family on my camera, my mom has them on hers. But we spent all of Monday afternoon walking along the strip and didn't even make it halfway! My favorite was the Bellagio Hotel. The art museum was pretty neat; I saw some of Andy Warhol's work. The artwork in the hotel itself was amazing, like this ceiling in the lobby. It's made of glass flowers!


I'm having trouble putting photos where I want them, so you're just going to have to look at them on Facebook. ;) It was pretty fun; we went back down the strip that night to see all the lights and hopefully the fountains at the Bellagio, but that didn't happen. We went to Freemont Street, which is off the beaten path and it was pretty dead on a Monday night. We did have fun walking around, though. Then we hit the road the next day and stopped at the Hoover Dam to take more pictures and walk around some more. We didn't take the tour because it was eight dollars and we didn't want to stick around that long. We got home at 8pm as it was.

When we got home we ate dinner and watched Dave Matthews Band: Live at the Beacon Theatre on Fuse that I recorded before we left. It was a good show, but the DVR cut off the last thirty minutes so I had to watch the end on Hulu.com. By the way, Hulu.com is my FAVORITE WEBSITE EVER. It even beats out Facebook. No longer do you need a DVR (unless you want to watch something on a bigger screen). No longer do I get upset when I miss something on TV due to having a life. I love it!

Still waiting for my degree and thesis to come in the mail... along with my DMB t-shirt, LiveTrax2008, and Big Whiskey CDs. And my parents' present for Mother's and Father's Day! I'm excited about that one! I'll fill you in once it arrives and I've given it to them (which will be the day it arrives since I'm so excited about it!)

Good night!

1 comment:

So, I'm Corey said...

I've been to Hoover Dam. :) It was the ONE thing I could enjoy when I went to Vegas (when I was only 9 years old). HAHA.