Sunday, June 7, 2009

Drum beats louder

So... Dave Matthews is a genius. Take a long look at the album art for the new CD, "Big Whiskey and the Groogrux King". Here it is, from http://www.antsmarching.org:


I just realized that this is a giant puzzle of lyrics from the new songs. I've only found a few because I haven't the patience to sit and look, but I've found a few: Alligator Pie, "snake in the woodpile", "boy chase the bird, so close but everytime, he never catch her, but he can't stop trying", "someone's house is burning down", and "cut the wings off a butterfly." I found out about this by watching episode four of the Fuse documentary, "Dave Matthews Band: the Road to Big Whiskey." Dave talks about Alligator Pie and "snake in the woodpile" on the show and I went "WHAT?!" So I ran to my room afterwards to have a look for myself and damn, it's a puzzle! And so now whenever I'm bored, you can find me in my room listening to Big Whiskey and staring at the album cover for more puzzles.

My parents really like the Wii! My mom and I have been playing every night and today was Dad's first time to play on ours. We all bowled for like 2 hours this afternoon and it was a blast. I bowled a 213!! If only I could do that in real life... not to mention the two chip-ins I had when I played Dad at golf!

I've been reading "Mrs. Dalloway" by Virginia Woolf for a long time and I just can't seem to get through it. I really want to because I have a stack of books that I want to read badly, and I'm not a quitter so I need to finish this one. Hopefully I can knock out a bunch of pages tonight, and this afternoon if it's too windy to swim after church.

We watched "Seven Pounds" tonight. My mom commented that it was a slow movie, and I partly agree. They're used to thrillers and action movies, but I enjoyed it. It had a very sentimental ending. The music was a bit off, but it fit the film. I was also confused about what he was doing in the beginning and what his actual job was, but it all came together by the end. I like that kind of movie.

No comments: