Monday, June 8, 2009

And when they're old enough we'll teach the kids to fly

North Korea is turning into a scary place. They need to brush up on their history and realize that people who tried crazy ways to take over the world were not successful.

I finally finished the book I've been reading for months: "Mrs. Dalloway" by Virginia Woolf. I should have read it in one sitting but the writing was all over the place that I couldn't focus on it. I appreciate that she used the unity of time in a novel (it takes place within one day) and time was a huge motif throughout. But... I don't know, I didn't really feel attached to it.

My next read: "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?", a play by Edward Albee. I didn't realize it was almost 200 pages... normally you are supposed to read a play within one sitting, with an intermission, as if you are in the theatre watching it. But I'm sure I won't be able to do that with this one.

I bought a new controller for the Wii so the three of us can play MarioKart together, and I found a new game that came with a controller. So we got a game for just 10 extra bucks with the controller. It's pretty sweet! I was skeet shooting earlier, and fishing.

I just went through YellowPages.com and did a search for all listed theatres in the area and looked at their websites for job openings, and found nothing. :( I'm getting pretty tired of this.

No comments: