Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm such a nerd!

So... when I was in high school, I was OBSESSED with the film "Titanic", as all of my friends know. However, not everyone knows that I used to write stories about it... yeah. And to top it all off, I had a website where I put them up for the public to read. I found one of my stories that is hosted at another site, and I'm thinking I'm going to rummage through the garage to find where I stored all the rest of them. This is evidence that I cannot write original thoughts. I'm not even sure I should post this link because I'm afraid of being made fun of, but here it is, for your reading enjoyment, my favorite Titanic fiction that I ever wrote: Formality

I'm leaving for Fort Walton Beach, Florida, tomorrow to attend the wedding of one of my colleagues from Texas State. She's the only one I will know there, and I wanted a little mini vacation to clear my head and find my confidence to tackle the crappy employment situation here. As it turns out, some of my high school friends will be there: Krystal and Colby! So hopefully we can have dinner together or something. And it's supposed to rain the entire weekend. So that's nice.

I'm reading "My Antonia" by Willa Cather and I am really enjoying it! It's so refreshing since I've been reading depressing novels, like "The Road" and "Revolutionary Road". I'm thinking of buying another one of her famous novels, "O Pioneer!". But we'll see.

I've figured out that if you play MarioKart Wii enough that you can "unlock" your Mii and race as yourself! And there's a "Mirror Mode" where all the tracks are flipped! Pretty cool. More proof that I need a job...

I booked my flight to Texas!! August 4-12! I'm so excited to get back and see everyone! (and maybe find out if there are jobs out there...)

No comments: