Monday, August 17, 2009

The Stars at Night, are Big and Bright...

I just spent a great week in Texas putting finishing touches on a theatrical production, trying to get interviews, and seeing friends. The highlights of my trip include attending an opening of my first post-school show, seeing Dave Matthews Band simulcast at Hogg Auditorium in Austin, playing in the low river, and watching the meteor shower in the back of a pick-up truck.

The show was so great! "House of Several Stories" by A. John Boulanger premiered at the Austin Playhouse last weekend, and it was a big hit. There are reviews in Austin Live Theatre, Austinist, and I'm mentioned in the Austin Chronicle's review! I'm so excited for the positive reviews, this play definitely deserves it. Hopefully it can be a good stepping stone for Imagine That! Productions.


Right now I'm in the middle of reading "Girls Like Us", a biography of singers Carly Simon, Joni Mitchell, and Carole King. So far it's been really interesting, and since I did a lot of similar research for my thesis last year, it's like an extension of that. It's crazy how these three women share similar ties throughout their lives.

I've been watching Big Brother, and I know it's sad because it's dumb reality TV, but it got a little crazy when we found out that one of the house guests was kicked out by the producers! I thought they were going to explain it on tonight's show, but they didn't! I have to wait until Tuesday to find out what happened to have her kicked out. Also, I just wanted to make a comment out three women in the house that say they are "strong women", but they spent 30 minutes the other night literally crying over a guy that was evicted in a surprise vote. They kept saying how kind he was and blah blah blah. HELLO GIRLS! This guy was a huge jackass and totally had them under his spell. Talk about WEAK WOMEN. Makes me mad. Stand on your own, ladies!

No comments: