Sunday, May 27, 2012

End of an era?

As the school year comes to a close, I've begun to reflect on the past few months. They always seem to go by so fast, which tells me that I'm in the right field of work. It doesn't seem like the year should be over already as I feel like I just started. But October really was a long time ago.

Since then, I've been in several different classrooms and got to know nearly every student in the school. I've learned so much from each teacher that I've worked with, as they each have their own teaching style that works. They have no idea how much they taught me while they were teaching their students. I've also made several friendships among the staff, which I consider a blessing. I know not everyone is able to work with people they consider friends.

Last year, I was teaching high school students. This year, I worked with elementary students and loved it. I have made a great connection with a few of them, and I will never forget them. They, too, have taught me so much about being an educator and mentor to young people.

I don't know where I'll be next year, but if the past is any clue, I know that I will be changing lives and learning more about myself and the world around me in the process. The hard part is trusting that everything will work out and my dreams will come true with my hard work. Isn't that the way it's supposed to go?

No comments: