Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Favorite Recipe: Banana Ice Cream

I've decided to post some of my favorite recipes here as of late.  I have gotten on the Paleo kick and really enjoy the cooking options and how I feel after meals.  I try to have three meals a day without snacking to control calorie intake, but I do like healthy treats now and then!  Here's my favorite cool snack: Banana Ice Cream




Banana Ice Cream

What you need:

  • food processor
  • frozen bananas (1-2)
  • anything you would like to add to the bananas for flavor.  Options are not limited to: unsweetened cocoa powder, peanut butter or PB2, honey or agave nectar, etc.
Break the frozen bananas into small pieces and blend them in the food processor for a few minutes until they are smooth.  Blend in any flavor additives you would like.  Enjoy! 

1 serving usually equals one banana for adults, 1/2 of a banana for kids.

If you are watching calories, watch your flavor additives!  They can pack unwanted sugar and calories.  There are plenty of healthy options out there, though.

No comments: